Translate

Monday, September 7, 2015

Guitarist Billy Morrrison's New Album "God Shaped Hole" Becomes An Art Show in Beverly Hills

BILLY IDOL'S GUITARIST BILLY MORRISON NEW SOLO ALBUM
‘GOD SHAPED HOLE’ BECAME AN ART SHOW AT MOUCHE GALLERY IN BEVERLY HILLS, CA
DURING LABOR DAY WEEKEND.

THE ALBUM WILL INCLUDE NEW SONG “GODS,”
CO-WRITTEN BY MORRISON
AND OZZY OSBOURNE TO BE RELEASED OCTOBER 23rd 2015.

By Karen Ostlund

Keiko Noah, Maestro at Mouche Gallery, with Aston Martin and Bombay Sapphire Gin presented “Dis-Ease” by Billy Morrison, September 2nd 2015
When asked about his new creative outlet and the subject matter, Billy simply replied..”I just paint what lives inside my head. That just happens to be skulls, naked chicks and hand grenades.

English musician, singer and guitarist BILLY MORRISON currently plays guitar in Billy Idol‘s band and co-wrote songs on Idol’s latest KINGS & QUEENS OF THE UNDERGROUND album–is joined by Idol band-mates Steve Stevens and Erik Eldenius, Jane’s Addiction’s Dave Navarro and rock legend Ozzy Osbourne (lead vocals on “Gods,”Morrison/Osbourne co-write) for the new album. GOD SHAPED HOLE


  
 Beyond the music,                       
BILLY MORRISON (left) is an accomplished artist who has been featured at the Branded Arts exhibition at Mann’s Chinese Theater, in the 2015 LA Art Show and at The Village Studios.
Now showing at Mouche Gallery  www.MoucheGallery.com
 .
“The album "GOD SHAPED HOLE" artwork is all original acrylic on canvas pieces, painted by me in the same independent spirit as the music was recorded,” said MORRISON at the Mouche Gallery opening, September 2nd.
"I have collected art for years and loved pop art since I first heard the Velvet Underground sing about drugs and transvestites when I was 12 years old. - From there I learned about Andy Warhol, fell in love with graffiti, followed the early career of Banksy, and became close friends with Shepard Fairey, which made me pick up a paintbrush last year". 
"My paintings are just images I love, and the fact that other people like them, buy them, appreciate them, that is all 100% bonus for me. The process when I get it right is as satisfying as writing a great song. Marrying the music and art together in this package seemed the obvious thing for me to do.”
Left, Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne w/Billy Morrison at Mouche Gallery. (photo Frazer Harrison)
Left, Billy Morrison, Steve Vai and Gary Numan at Mouche Gallery. (photo Frazer Harrison)


The album is due October 23rd, 2015 on his own King Mob Music label. and co-produced by MORRISON and Erik Eldenius, and was mixed by Mike Clink (who produced Guns N’ Roses‘ landmark debut album, Appetite for Destruction) and John Spiker.
“Initially the plan was simply to record an EP of covers, but as with everything, the plan grew,” MORRISON explained.  “I had a song I had written with Steve Stevens that I wanted to sing on, so that got thrown into the pot. Erik (Eldenius) threw some ideas at me, and we started to record originals as well. 
"My two best guitar mates from the two bands I’m in, Dave Navarro (Royal Machines and previously with Camp Freddy) and Steve Stevens, also both appear on the record, quite simply because they are awesome friends and did it without question, they showed up, did their thing, and supported me - And then I got a text from Ozzy, wondering where I had disappeared to…I told him I had decided to record a solo album, and the next text back from him was ‘Well I wanna sing a song on your record!'”
  GOD SHAPED HOLE  features 10 tracksfive originals and five cover songs.:
“The five original songs were written with the spirit of independence that was so important at one time in music, and the complete autonomy and freedom that comes with a project like this". 
"The covers are not huge hits, and most are by bands that never received the recognition they deserved.  This record comes from a place inside me, and paying respect to bands and songs that truly made me want to play, to perform and to do it my way.” concluded Billy.


Above: album cover art for GOD SHAPED HOLE

No comments:

Post a Comment